Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ga...@ercgroup.com on 2002/10/08 18:49:51 UTC

Handling session Timeout

I'm trying to implement something from an earlier posting on the list.
I've extended ActionServlet and overridden the processPreprocess method.
I've put in the following line : if (request.getSession(false) == null),
however i find that this line always returns false, even after the session
has timed out. If i check for a specific attribute in the session, I can get
it to work. Is there any reason why checking for the session to be null
doesn't work? The reason this is important is because the user's first URL
to the application goes through ActionServlet, so if i check for a specific
variable, it will always be null.
Also I want to redirect from this method to a message screen, how can I do
that?
I am using Struts 1.0.2 on iplanet 6.0

Thanks,
Gaurav