Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by mroosendaal <mr...@sogyo.nl> on 2001/06/18 13:24:09 UTC

unknown protocol: jndi

Hi,

Apparently this is a known problem but i can't find the solution anywhere.
Does anyone know what or where it is?

Thanks,
Maarten
Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.
I had it opposite...  this is correct

 In order to get -nonaming to work I had to change the command on linux

 from
 $BASEDIR/catalina.sh start -nonaming "$@"

 $BASEDIR/catalina.sh run -nonaming "$@"

-- john

RE: unknown protocol: jndi

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.
It looks like you are still using "start" instead of run.

> "%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina" start -nonaming %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

In order to get -nonaming to run I had to change the command on linux from

$BASEDIR/catalina.sh run -nonaming "$@"

$BASEDIR/catalina.sh start -nonaming "$@"

It looks like you are using the "start" command.  Have you tried using "run"
instead.

When I startup Catalina this way I get the message

"Starting service Tomcat-Standalone"  -  are you getting this message?

Re: unknown protocol: jndi

Posted by mroosendaal <mr...@sogyo.nl>.
startup.bat looks like:
@echo off
rem ------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
rem startup.bat - Start Script for the CATALINA Server
rem
rem $Id: startup.bat,v 1.3 2000/10/16 18:50:58 craigmcc Exp $
rem ------------------------------------------------------------------------
---

set _CATALINA_HOME=%CATALINA_HOME%
if not "%CATALINA_HOME%" == "" goto gotCatalinaHome
set CATALINA_HOME=.
if exist "%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat" goto gotCatalinaHome
set CATALINA_HOME=..
if exist "%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat" goto gotCatalinaHome
echo Unable to determine the value of CATALINA_HOME
goto cleanup
:gotCatalinaHome
"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina" start -nonaming %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
:cleanup
set CATALINA_HOME=%_CATALINA_HOME%
set _CATALINA_HOME=

i copied all the jar-files from JBoss\Client and inserted them into
tdk\webapps\sogyo\Web-inf\lib

i removed the jndi.jar and the jndi-1.2.1.jar from this directory (they
exits in the tdk\bin and tdk\share.

So that should work.

Maarten
Posted by zahid <za...@hotmail.com>.
plz tell me the tutorial of turbine because i cannot understand turbine
fully.
if someone give an example turbine with jsp i would be very thankful to him

Re: unknown protocol: jndi

Posted by mroosendaal <mr...@sogyo.nl>.
The startup-sequence in de DOS-window is different in the way that you seem
to have the naming.jar and servlet.jar in the classpath. This is how the
catalina.bat Classpath looks like:
rem ----- Set Up The Runtime
Classpath ----------------------------------------

set CP=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CP%
echo Using CLASSPATH: %CLASSPATH%

I'll try to add naming.jar and/or servlet.jar to the CATALINA_HOME.

Thanks,
Maarten
Posted by zahid <za...@hotmail.com>.
i could not find the torque.props in config directory? plz also tell me some
working with torque.
regards
zahid

Re: unknown protocol: jndi

Posted by mroosendaal <mr...@sogyo.nl>.
Still no luck whatsoever. I tried installing tdk again, creating the app
again. tried different settings with catalina.bat, startup.bat. tried
editing the system claspath, juggle with jar-files bu the result is the
same.

Is there an example of the bat-files instead of the sh-files? Can it have
something to do with the context in which the application runs?

Hope someone has an idea because it's killing me.

Maarten

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: unknown protocol: jndi (John Menke)

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.
Maarten,

Here are my directory listings: (ls is dir on unix)

[root@remote /root]# cd /usr/local/tdk
[root@remote tdk]# ls
#RELEASE-NOTES-4.0-B1.txt#  README_FIRST.txt          jasper
murphy.props   newapp.sh~  win98.sh
#murphy-schema.xml#         RELEASE-NOTES-4.0-B1.txt  lib
newapp.bat     newapp.xml  work
#newapp.sh#                 bin                       logs
newapp.props   server
LICENSE                     conf                      murphy-schema.xml
newapp.props~  share
NEW_SPECS.txt               examples                  murphy.properties
newapp.sh      webapps
[root@remote tdk]# cd bin
[root@remote bin]# ls
#catalina.sh#  catalina.sh   cpappend.bat  jndi.jar      jspc.sh
shutdown.bat  startup.sh
bootstrap.jar  catalina.sh~  jasper.bat    jpappend.bat  naming.jar
shutdown.sh   startup.sh~
catalina.bat   core          jasper.sh     jspc.bat      servlet.jar
startup.bat
[root@remote bin]# cd ..
[root@remote tdk]# ls
#RELEASE-NOTES-4.0-B1.txt#  README_FIRST.txt          jasper
murphy.props   newapp.sh~  win98.sh
#murphy-schema.xml#         RELEASE-NOTES-4.0-B1.txt  lib
newapp.bat     newapp.xml  work
#newapp.sh#                 bin                       logs
newapp.props   server
LICENSE                     conf                      murphy-schema.xml
newapp.props~  share
NEW_SPECS.txt               examples                  murphy.properties
newapp.sh      webapps
[root@remote tdk]# cd server
[root@remote server]# ls
catalina.jar  crimson.jar  jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar  jaxp.jar  warp.jar
[root@remote server]# cd ..
[root@remote tdk]# cd lib
[root@remote lib]# ls
ant.jar  jasper-runtime.jar  namingfactory.jar
[root@remote lib]# cd server
bash: server: No such file or directory
[root@remote lib]# cd ..
[root@remote tdk]# cd server
[root@remote server]# ls
catalina.jar  crimson.jar  jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar  jaxp.jar  warp.jar
[root@remote server]# cd ..
[root@remote tdk]# cd share
[root@remote share]# ls
common  conf  flux  tdk-lib  velocity
[root@remote share]# cd common
[root@remote common]# ls
build  turbine-web.xml  web.xml
[root@remote common]# cd ..
[root@remote share]# cd tdk-lib
[root@remote tdk-lib]# ls
README.txt                  jdbc-se2.0.jar      log4j-1.0.4.jar
village-1.5.1-dev.jar
activation-1.0.1.jar        jdbc2_0-stdext.jar  mail-1.2.jar
xalan-1.2.1.jar
ecs-1.4.1.jar               jndi-1.2.1.jar      mm.mysql-2.0.4.jar
xerces-1.3.0.jar
hsql.jar                    jta1.0.1.jar
turbine-2.1-dev-unreleased.jar  xmlrpc.jar
jakarta-regexp-1.3-dev.jar  junit-3.2.jar       velocity-1.0b2-dev.jar
[root@remote tdk-lib]# cd webapps
bash: webapps: No such file or directory
[root@remote tdk-lib]# cd ..
[root@remote share]# cd /usr/local/tdk/webapps
[root@remote webapps]# ls
eagle  murphy  newapp  site
[root@remote webapps]# cd eagle
[root@remote eagle]# ls
WEB-INF  images  logs  resources  templates
[root@remote eagle]# ls WEB-INF
bak      conf                    eagleinfosystems.html~1~
eagleinfosystems.jpr.local~  src
build    eagleinfosystems.html   eagleinfosystems.jpr
eagleinfosystems.jpr~        web.xml
classes  eagleinfosystems.html~  eagleinfosystems.jpr.local  lib
web.xml~
[root@remote eagle]# cd lib
bash: lib: No such file or directory
[root@remote eagle]# cd WEB-INF
[root@remote WEB-INF]# ls
[root@remote WEB-INF]# cd lib
[root@remote lib]# ls
[root@remote WEB-INF]#

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.
Maarten, here is the TR.p file.

Posted by mroosendaal <mr...@sogyo.nl>.

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.

Posted by mroosendaal <mr...@sogyo.nl>.

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: unknown protocol: jndi

Posted by mroosendaal <mr...@sogyo.nl>.
Tried changing the classpath, same result.

>From the WEB-INF/lib there is the following:
i don't have idb.jar or sapdbc.jar (propably not necessary)
i have an older version of velocity-1.2-dev and turbine-2.1jar

Do i need to do something in tomcat (startup from tomcat\bin doesn't work)
as well or just stick to the tdk\bin directory.

Do i need to do something in the system classpath (could you show me
yours?)?

Thanks,
Maarten

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting the user id as a number

Posted by Gareth Coltman <ga...@majorband.co.uk>.
Is this really the easiest way to get the user id as a long value or is there an better method to use:

long userUid = Long.parseLong((((BaseObject)data.getUser()).
                              getPrimaryKey().getValue().toString()));

thanks

Gareth

RE: unknown protocol: jndi

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.

Re: unknown protocol: jndi

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.

Re: unknown protocol: jndi

Re: unknown protocol: jndi

Posted by mroosendaal <mr...@sogyo.nl>.
i checked again and found that two jar-files (httpunit.jar and oro.jar) were
not on the list and two were not the same (turbine-2.1b1.jar,
velocity-1.0.jar).

Could you show me how your classpath looks and did you remove jar-files from
the JBoss\client directory?

The Client.java (that looks up the EJB-home) makes use of the JBoss\client
jar-files because when i remove them the call via Test.java goes wrong.

It has somehting to do with the context of the request but i don't know were
to look.

Maarten

RE: unknown protocol: jndi

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.