Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/06 16:10:56 UTC

How voting works (was Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.11)

See http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Basically we encourage anybody to test the release and only then cast
their vote. If you vote -1, then provide the reason for that vote.
We'll consider a -1 vote, but keep in mind that we'd rather release
and fix later than not release. Also note that releases can not be
vetoed (even if the voter has a binding vote).

The Wicket PMC (also known as the core team) has binding votes.
Anybody else can vote but theirs doesn't have a legal standing (the
Wicket PMC has been tasked with the maintenance and oversight of the
Wicket project, see our board resolution establishing the Apache
Wicket project [1]). The Wicket PMC will consider non-binding votes,
but has the obligation to act in the best interest of the Wicket
project and the ASF.

Martijn

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2007/board_minutes_2007_06_20.txt

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Clint Checketts <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where can I find out how this voting works? Who can vote? What is a
> binding/non-binding vote?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Clint
>
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 6:54 AM, jcgarciam <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>  [X] Yes, release
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Jan Kriesten [via Apache Wicket] <
>> ml-node+2528023-1530337920-65838@n4.nabble.com<ml...@n4.nabble.com>
>> <ml...@n4.nabble.com>

>> > Best regards, --- Jan.

>> >.
>> >

>> --
>> Sincerely,
>> JC (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jcgarciam)
>> Work smarter, not harder!.
>>
>> --

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.8