Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Cagdas Gerede <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/15 00:14:35 UTC

How often Name node fails?

>From your experience with Hadoop Distributed File System,
how reliable is the namenode? How often does it fail? Are there mechanisms
developed outside of Hadoop to make namenode more fault tolerant?

Thanks for your feedback,

--
------------
Best Regards, Cagdas Evren Gerede

Re: How often Name node fails?

Posted by André Martin <ma...@andremartin.de>.
Hi Cagdas & Michael,
our cluster works fine with no crashes so far even with more than one
million files - we have 11 datanodes and one namenode...

Cu on the 'net,
                        Bye - bye,

                                   <<<<< André <<<< >>>> èrbnA >>>>>

Re: How often Name node fails?