Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org> on 2018/03/25 14:39:54 UTC

Roadmap and 2.3

Hi all,

Now that we have 2.2.0 in play as our latest release, what needs to be done
to make our upcoming release visible to our contributors (including our
committers)?

I see the following in play regarding 2.3:

   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Roadmap
   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TRAFODION/versions/12340979

But I don't see a 2.3 branch in
https://github.com/apache/trafodion/branches/all

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

V.P. Apache Trafodion

RE: Roadmap and 2.3

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Pierre,

The master branch is presently 2.3. When we are ready to distinguish 2.4 content from 2.3, we can create an explicit release2.3 branch and use master for 2.4. In past releases, we've done this when the current release was near the end of its development cycle. Of course going forward the development community can agree on some other treatment.

Dave