Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> on 2003/11/09 03:59:50 UTC

POI-FS 2

Hey guys.

Chris Nokleberg has been working with me in testing POIFS2.  I've been a
bit slow in evaluating it so I apologise to everyone for making them wait.

I can report that the library works (under HEAD) and actually provides a
slight increase in speed when running through ours tests.

Now I'd like to get opinions from you guys on whether we should go ahead
and commit this code (with Chris's permission).

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis
glens@apache.org

Re: POI-FS 2

Posted by Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>.
On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 06:00:21PM +0530, Avik Sengupta wrote:
> I would suggest that SHOULD be two constructors if POIFS2 mandates 1.4
> due to its use of NIO.

It does not, NIO support is optional (and does not affect the
constructor signature).

Chris

Re: POI-FS 2

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org>.

Re: POI-FS 2

Posted by Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>.

Re: POI-FS 2

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
 From what I can see it hasn't broken any of the tests. That doesn't mean
there is nothing broken but it gives at least some degree of confidence.

The way I see it is that we need at least once place where we can be a bit
aggressive.  If HEAD isn't that place now when will it be?

At 10:20 AM 10/11/2003, you wrote:
>My biggest concern on this, at the moment, would be its interaction with
>performace-branch merge on HEAD.. that is, given that HEAD isnt stable
>yet, and
>needs a lot of bugfixing, will we able to debug if another element is added in
>now... this is just a thought, i dont know the answer yet!
>
>Regards
>-
>Avik

Glen Stampoultzis