Posted to user@flink.apache.org by HG <ha...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/20 14:38:59 UTC

flink-playground docker/mvn clean install Unknown host repo.maven.apache.org: Name or service not known

Hello
I am trying to the flink-playground examples.
The docker-compose build fails on the mvn clean install command .

I am behind a proxy.
To diagnose this I started a container based on the already created image
  docker run -it  --name my-maven-project -v "$(pwd)":/usr/src/mymaven -w
/usr/src/mymaven b92c6af9fde8 /bin/bash
Adding packages with apt goes fine
I added the proxy names with their  ip addresses to /etc/hosts, added the
proxies to .m2/settings.xml

After that it worked .

But why does it not work without manual intervention?

Regards Hans-Peter

Re: flink-playground docker/mvn clean install Unknown host repo.maven.apache.org: Name or service not known

Posted by David Morávek <dm...@apache.org>.
I'd say that the playground was never meant to be run behind a corporate
proxy. If you feel like the documentation can be improved improved in this
regard, please open a new jira issue describing what's missing. Ideally if
you'd like to fix this for others with the similar setup that may run into
the issue, the contributions to the documentation are always appreciated ;)

Best,
D.

Posted by HG <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hello David,