Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com> on 2010/09/10 22:24:21 UTC

Stripes integration

Folks,

I wrote some glue code so that Shiro can be used also by the Stripes
framework (http://www.stripesframework.org).  Initial writeup is here:

http://www.ecyrd.com/ButtUgly/wiki/Main_blogentry_100910_1

Let me know if there are issues or if I somehow misunderstood the AOP
paradigm that Shiro uses, as the documentation is a bit thin.

/Janne

Re: Stripes integration

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
'cos that's the way that Stripes works. ctx.proceed() doesn't actually
call the method; it just jumps to the next stage in the lifecycle. In
this case we're bound to LifecycleStage.HandlerResolution.

@Intercepts(Lifecyclestage.HandlerResolution)
...intercept(ExecutionContext ctx)
{
      // This is executed before the handler is resolved
      before();

      Resolution res = ctx.proceed();

      // This is executed after the handler is resolved
      after();

      // If this method returns null, then Stripes will proceed to the
next lifecycle stage: BindingAndValidation. It can also throw
      // an exception, or return a custom Resolution to interrupt the
normal execution.

      return res;
}

http://www.stripesframework.org/display/stripes/Intercept+Execution