Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Alenka Frim <al...@voltrondata.com> on 2022/02/11 08:45:55 UTC

Re: [Documentation] New Contributor's Guide - Survey

Hello again,

Sending a quick note that with the new Apache Arrow release this month the *New
Contributor's guide* has been added to the documentation.
You can find it on this link:

https://arrow.apache.org/docs/developers/guide/index.html

Thanks to all that helped structure the document by submitting a survey
response and to all that helped with the work!
Feel free to propose any changes to the documentation by submitting a PR ;)

Best,
Alenka

Posted by Ian Cook <ia...@ursacomputing.com>.
Alenka,

Thank you for your work on this! This is an incredibly valuable
resource for new contributors.

Ian

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 3:46 AM Alenka Frim <al...@voltrondata.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> Sending a quick note that with the new Apache Arrow release this month the New Contributor's guide has been added to the documentation.
> You can find it on this link:
>
> https://arrow.apache.org/docs/developers/guide/index.html
>

> Thanks to all that helped structure the document by submitting a survey response and to all that helped with the work!
> Feel free to propose any changes to the documentation by submitting a PR ;)
>
> Best,
> Alenka
>
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 8:27 AM Alenka Frim <al...@voltrondata.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody!
>>
>> Just a kind reminder to submit your opinion on the Survey What would you need to make your first PR to Arrow?
>> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScsRVk_NU2o3jC3CAMXY88yaLiYMNQyJU4ZGcJytWFwLpv1tQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
>>
>> Thank you for taking your time!
>>
>> Be well,
>> Alenka
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 4:26 PM Alenka Frim <al...@voltrondata.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Arrow user,
>>>
>>> As a beginner open source contributor to Apache Arrow project I am working on a New Contributor’s Guide that would help others in the process of making their first PR.
>>>
>>> I made a very short survey to help me with the information I should include. I invite you to share you opinion via the survey and help make the process of contributing easier:
>>> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScsRVk_NU2o3jC3CAMXY88yaLiYMNQyJU4ZGcJytWFwLpv1tQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
>>>
>>> The first PR for the guide has been made today:
>>> https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/11677
>>> (I propose to add it to the existing documentation under development section).
>>>
>>> Feel free to give comments and suggestions.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Alenka