Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jonathan Rafalski <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/23 00:08:04 UTC

How to get a JIRA assigned

Hello,

  I was wondering if there are any rights to be able to assign JIRA tickets to myself?  I found what I think is a bug while working on 1679 so I opened a ticket and was going to assign a review board for both with my solution but now some else has attempted a patch.  Just want to be able to assign a ticket to me so time isn't wasted.

If it is something that I need to be granted after submitting a few patches that are accepted can someone at least assign 1679 and 1972 to me so nobody else attempts to work while I am?

Thanks!

Jonathan.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: How to get a JIRA assigned

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
Thanks Guozhang!

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Filed INFRA-9219 for this.
>
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> wrote:
>
> > Jay,
> >
> > I thought it was the same issue like with confluence and comments and why
> > we have to grant rights for that. Bots coming and reassigning everything
> > them or something in JIRA.
> >
> > We could ask/open a ticket with INFRA, if nothing else maybe help come up
> > with a different way to solve it.
> >
> > ~ Joestein
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 7:31 PM, Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone know if there a way to turn this off? Is it possible to
> configure
> > > JIRA to let anyone assign them? Unlike the other lockdown stuff which
> > > prevents spam this doesn't seem like it could be a spam vector and it
> > would
> > > be awesome to make it easier for people.
> > >
> > > -Jay

> > yourself

> > 1679
> > with