Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/15 11:18:07 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.8 - OSGi - Uber bundle now

Hi

So it seems that the various ActiveMQ components is now regular JAR
files, and there is a new uber OSGi bundle in activemq-osgi (4.5mb).

So what's the store about that?
I can only assume OSGi pain with all the fine grained bundles, and
making an uber bundle fixes all that.

It looks like the features.xml file hasn't been fully updated yet.
There seems to be a new activemq-broker and activemq-client, that
seems to be using the uber bundle.

But some of the other features hasn't yet been updated, such as activemq-spring.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8 - OSGi - Uber bundle now

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Nice job!

--

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.*

*hchirino@redhat.com <hc...@redhat.com> | fusesource.com | redhat.com*

*skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
*

*blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8 - OSGi - Uber bundle now

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It sounds great.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8 - OSGi - Uber bundle now

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi

I would be please to help on this !

Regards
JB

On 01/15/2013 12:54 PM, Gary Tully wrote:
> the osgi support is a work in progress atm.
> An uber jar in karaf is the first step, the easiest thing to get working
> with automated tests.
>
> We need to look at taking advantage of the new modules such that the
> deployment footprint in karaf can be reduced. Ie such that a simple jms
> client can just depend on activemq-client etc.
>

> On 15 January 2013 10:18, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> So it seems that the various ActiveMQ components is now regular JAR
>> files, and there is a new uber OSGi bundle in activemq-osgi (4.5mb).
>>
>> So what's the store about that?
>> I can only assume OSGi pain with all the fine grained bundles, and
>> making an uber bundle fixes all that.
>>
>> It looks like the features.xml file hasn't been fully updated yet.
>> There seems to be a new activemq-broker and activemq-client, that
>> seems to be using the uber bundle.
>>
>> But some of the other features hasn't yet been updated, such as
>> activemq-spring.
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8 - OSGi - Uber bundle now

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com