Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joshua ChaitinPollak <jp...@kivasystems.com> on 2008/04/03 23:41:18 UTC

using jikes?

Hello,

I'm trying to use the jikes compiler with Maven. Following the
directions here:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/non-javac-compilers.html

I created this profile:

         <profile>
             <id>jikes</id>
             <activation>
                 <property>
                     <name>jikes</name>
                 </property>
             </activation>
             <build>
                 <plugins>
                       <plugin>
                         <configuration>
                           <compilerId>jikes</compilerId>
                         </configuration>
                         <dependencies>
                           <dependency>
                             <groupId>plexus</groupId>
                             <artifactId>plexus-compiler-jikes</
artifactId>
                             <version>1.3</version>
                           </dependency>
                         </dependencies>
                       </plugin>
                 </plugins>
             </build>
         </profile>

(Note the groupId is different than at the website, mvnrepository.com
indicates 'plexus' is the correct groupId.)

I expected that Maven would try and use jikes, but instead it appears
the plugin isn't using the dependency:

[INFO] [compiler:compile {execution: Common}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] No such compiler 'jikes'.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 14 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Apr 03 17:37:50 EDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 13M/24M
[INFO]

Does anyone have any hints?

--
Joshua ChaitinPollak | Software Engineer
Kiva Systems, Inc., 225 Wildwood Ave, Woburn, MA 01970