Posted to user@hive.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/21 03:29:30 UTC

Search the newest partition of one table in view

There is one table, I use one timer to create one new  partition for the
table every day,  now I want to create one view, use the view to search the
newest partition of the table,how can I receive the newest partition of the
table in view?

Thanks,

LiuLei

Re: Cannot access hive docs r0.5.0

Posted by Rekha Joshi <re...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Manhee,

Hive javadoc has been broken for past few releases. It has been fixed now. HIVE-811. You can checkout the code and do ant javadoc.
OR
For quick reference there is one available @
http://search-hadoop.com/jd/hive/index.html?org/apache/hadoop/hive/conf/HiveMetaStoreClient
You can cross-check this new javadoc v/s old http://hive.apache.org/docs/r0.3.0/api/.
Do a simple check - the HiveMetaStoreClient in new javadoc has a added backward compatible constructor HIVE-1244

HTH!
Thanks & Regards,
/Rekha.

On 10/21/10 2:43 PM, "Manhee Jo" <jo...@nttdocomo.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I cannot access http://hive.apache.org/docs/r0.5.0/ due to 404 Not Found error.
Can anyone tell me what's happening about it?
Thanks,
Manhee

Cannot access hive docs r0.5.0

RE: Search the newest partition of one table in view

Posted by Paul Yang <py...@facebook.com>.
I don't think it is possible to use just a view to get that effect. If you're generating the query programmatically, it'd be possible to either use the Thrift service or process the output of 'show partitions' to get the latest partition date.