Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Christian Helmbold <ch...@yahoo.de> on 2009/03/31 00:30:43 UTC

Tree navigation panel

Hello,

I'm looking for a tree navigation panel for wicket (1.4). I know the AJAX panel, but I'd like to have something that works without JavaScript. After consulting the API docs and looking for tree classes, I think to write my own navigation tree panel would cost a couple of hours. So is there an easy way to get a navigation tree?

What I need looks like this:

The structure

* root
** FolderA
*** File1
*** File2
*** File3
** FolderB
*** File9
*** File8
** FolderC

should be converted to something like the following html (FolderA elapsed):

<ul>
    </li>
  </li>
</ul>

Thanks for your help!

Christian

AW: Tree navigation panel

Posted by Christian Helmbold <ch...@yahoo.de>.
Thank you, Igor. Do you mean http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/ajax/tree/simple.2 ? It doesn't work without JavaScript. Is there another easy to use tree component?

Regards,
Christian

Re: Tree navigation panel

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
wicket-library is old ver of wicket. not sure why that site is up. see here

http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13/nested/?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:org.apache.wicket.examples.ajax.builtin.tree.SimpleTreePage

the tree has a setter that changes what kinds of links are generated,
you can call that with fallback mode to make the tree work without js.

-igor

AW: Tree navigation panel

Re: Tree navigation panel

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
trees in wicket work with or without javascript. you can set the tree
mode to fallback and get the best of both worlds - ajax when
supported, regular links when not.

-igor