Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Arya Goudarzi <go...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/23 23:05:55 UTC

Enabling Lineage logs for Hive

Hi Team,

We are trying to enable lineage logging for Hive 1.1.0 using CDH 5.10.0. We
enabled a flag for HiveServer2 inside its hive-site.xml via altering
property HiveServer2 Advanced Configuration Snippet:

hive.exec.post.hooks
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.hooks.LineageLogger

We did this according to the workaround instructions in:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/release-notes/topics/cn_rn_known_issues.html

However, we don't see lineage logs being generated in /var/log/hive/lineage
as configured.

We cannot seem to find anyone talking about this which is surprising since
most of us are focused on GDPR this quarter.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
-Arya