Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no> on 2007/04/12 16:51:01 UTC

Adding JARs and DLLs to a repository (RXTX)...

Hi,

I'm relativly new to maven2, but have set up a company repository to store
3rd party JARs not found (or that I haven't been able to find) in the
central repository, as well as our own JAR-files that w use accross
projects.

This works fine for any 100% Pure Java JARs, but I have some problems
figuring out how to store JARs that comes with a DLL or two, like the
RxTx-library for serial communication (RS232). Anyone got any good
suggestions on how to store both the JAR-file (rxtx-2.1.jar) and it's two
DLLs (rxtxSerial.dll and rxtxParallell.dll) in a maven2 repository ? Also
how do I get Maven to fetch the DLLs in addition to the JAR file from the
repository ? And finally, when deploying the final application, how do I get
the DLLs to end up in the correct place ? (Is it possible to pack the DLLs
into my JAR file ?

Any input would be of great help!

Thanks!

Regards
Arne Styve

RE: Adding JARs and DLLs to a repository (RXTX)...

Posted by Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no>.
Hi Damien,

Thanks for your answer. It works fine !

Arne