Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Javier T <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2022/01/10 13:26:23 UTC

RV: locale oc-ES

Hello,

I am a novice programmer and I am working on an Aranese dictionary. I already have the project running for libreoffice, firefox and thunderbird but I need to register the Aranese language (oc-ES)  in openoffice. Can someone help me on this?

https://www.occitans.com/archivos/programas/libreoffice_aranese_last_version.oxt

Re: RV: locale oc-ES

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Andrea,

> Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> it looks like the author is willing to release it also for OpenOffice.
>> Can we help him?
>
> General information:
> https://archive.fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/ode_localization/
>
> Adding a new language or locale:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Adding_a_new_language_or_locale
> (concepts are still good; links are outdated)
>
> And I believe I did add a new language in 4.1.2 or around, so if you
> want an example that shows the necessary changes you should be able to
> find an issue in Bugzilla.

Thanks for the links, but with "we" I didn't mean to volunteer...

Github is open for Pull Requests! ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: RV: locale oc-ES

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: RV: locale oc-ES

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
OK, that might be one reason...

But it looks like the author is willing to release it also for OpenOffice.

Can we help him?

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: RV: locale oc-ES

Posted by Bidouille <oo...@free.fr>.

Re: RV: locale oc-ES

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

Re: RV: locale oc-ES

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pedro, Javier,

Am 11.01.22 um 15:55 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias, Javier
>
> Actually it is quite simple to convert a LO to AOO (and vice-versa) dictionary extension. Basically they are both are just ZIP files renamed to OXT.
> The main difference is that in AOO the dictionary files (.aff, .dic) are in a folder/directory named "dictionaries" (while in LO they are in the top level) and the description.xml requires different values, although the fields are exactly the same.
> For simplicity I renamed the file COPYING.txt to LICENSES.txt
>
> Here is a link to a working version
> https://app.box.com/s/rf0qrdsoslvx4z25qd7htdvzgq1gs4m3

Great!

That installs fine, and I actually can set the document language to
"Occitan" (maybe that is because we have oc-FR in AOO already).

@Javier: Could you please test Pedro's version of your dictionary with AOO?

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: RV: locale oc-ES

Re: RV: locale oc-ES

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Javier,

Am 10.01.22 um 14:26 schrieb Javier T:
> Hello,
>
> I am a novice programmer and I am working on an Aranese dictionary. I already have the project running for libreoffice, firefox and thunderbird but I need to register the Aranese language (oc-ES)  in openoffice. Can someone help me on this?

Sure, you're welcome!

I understand that you want to publish your Aranese dictionary also for
OpenOffice?

Although oc-ES is not in our code, we have oc-FR. Maybe we can use that
for a starting point?

> https://www.occitans.com/archivos/programas/libreoffice_aranese_last_version.oxt

This extension seems to be LibreOffice only:

<dependencies>
    <l:LibreOffice-minimal-version value="5.1" d:name="LibreOffice 5.1"/>
</dependencies>

For testing we would need something that installs in AOO 4.x.x

BTW: I am not sure if you are subscribed to this mailing list?

Regards,

   Matthias