Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Oliver Schalch <ol...@wyona.com> on 2006/02/20 17:03:17 UTC

Bring jetty port to local.build.properties

Hi List,

I was thinking, to bring the jetty port configuration out the start
scripts into the local.build.properties in example:

# Web Application Server
# NOTE: There are slight differences re deployment on the various
servlet containers, e.g. endorsed libraries ...

web.app.server=Jetty
web.app.server.jetty.port=7777
web.app.server.jetty.admin.port=4444

At the moment it does not take the port configuration from
jetty/conf/main.xml instead it gets overwritten in the startup scripts
(lenya.bat/lenya.sh):

-Djetty.port=xxxx

Of course its easy to change in the startupscripts, but it would fit better in local.build.properties.

My Idea to have it only in the local.build.properties would be:

1) creating in jetty/conf/ a default configuration with some tokens (for ant) of the port configuration.
2) one more ant task which replace the token with the port from the local.build.properties and copies it to main.xml / admin.xml
3) remove the -Djetty.port from the startup scripts.

The ant task would look like this:
<!-- Set Jetty port -->
<copy file="${basedir}/tools/jetty/conf/default-main.xml" toFile="${basedir}/tools/jetty/conf/main.xml" overwrite="true"/>
<replace file="${basedir}/tools/jetty/conf/main.xml" token="@@@" value="${web.app.server.jetty.port}"/>

WDYT? Any better ideas?

Greetings,
Oliver

--
Oliver Schalch                           oliver.schalch@wyona.com

Re: Bring jetty port to local.build.properties

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Oliver Schalch wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I was thinking, to bring the jetty port configuration out the start
> scripts into the local.build.properties in example:
>
> # Web Application Server
> # NOTE: There are slight differences re deployment on the various
> servlet containers, e.g. endorsed libraries ...
>
> web.app.server=Jetty
> web.app.server.jetty.port=7777
> web.app.server.jetty.admin.port=4444
>
> At the moment it does not take the port configuration from
> jetty/conf/main.xml instead it gets overwritten in the startup scripts
> (lenya.bat/lenya.sh):
>
> -Djetty.port=xxxx
>
> Of course its easy to change in the startupscripts, but it would fit
> better in local.build.properties.
>
> My Idea to have it only in the local.build.properties would be:
>
> 1) creating in jetty/conf/ a default configuration with some tokens
> (for ant) of the port configuration.
> 2) one more ant task which replace the token with the port from the
> local.build.properties and copies it to main.xml / admin.xml
> 3) remove the -Djetty.port from the startup scripts.
>
> The ant task would look like this:
> <!-- Set Jetty port -->
> <copy file="${basedir}/tools/jetty/conf/default-main.xml"
> toFile="${basedir}/tools/jetty/conf/main.xml" overwrite="true"/>
> <replace file="${basedir}/tools/jetty/conf/main.xml" token="@@@"
> value="${web.app.server.jetty.port}"/>
>
> WDYT? Any better ideas?

I think it's nice having the port within (local.)build.properties. Maybe
you want to file a patch within Bugzilla.

Re the other servlet containers (Tomcat, WLS, ..) we can make a note.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner