Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com> on 2017/04/14 20:30:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Disable maven's mvneclipse by default?

Hey gang.

	I think it's been known for a while that the maven eclipse plugin that a lot of projects have been using has been EOLed for a while now. It looks like Eclipse's Neon release has that functionality now built-in via the Import Maven functionality.  As that Eclipse release approaches a year old, is it time to disable the mvn eclipse test by default? or even remove it completely?

	It *does* cause problems; maven complains about it being a badly formatted plugin, etc, etc, which means we can't build a (more) useful test that alerts on maven warnings/errors.

	Thoughts?

Re: [DISCUSS] Disable maven's mvneclipse by default?

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.
FYI: this just got committed.

Re: [DISCUSS] Disable maven's mvneclipse by default?

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.
Awesome thanks.

My hunch is we won’t hear anything at all. But hopefully I’m wrong. :)

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Just tried with Eclipse Neon.3, the 'Import Existing Maven Projects' works
for HBase.

And for hadoop, 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' never works for me. I need to modify
the build paths manually to fix the build errors...

Thanks.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.