Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2007/02/02 23:06:05 UTC

Strange python test failure.

Running python tests against the C++ broker:

FAIL: test_get (tests.basic.BasicTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/aconway/svn/qpid.0-9/python/tests/basic.py", line 350, in
test_get
    self.assertEqual(reply.method.name, "get-ok")
AssertionError: 'get_ok' != 'get-ok'

Any idea where the "get_ok" could be coming from? I can't see how this
could have anything to do with the C++ broker.

Cheers,
Alan.

Re: Strange python test failure.

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.
Alan Conway wrote:
> Running python tests against the C++ broker:

> FAIL: test_get (tests.basic.BasicTests)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/aconway/svn/qpid.0-9/python/tests/basic.py", line 350, in
> test_get
>     self.assertEqual(reply.method.name, "get-ok")
> AssertionError: 'get_ok' != 'get-ok'
>

> Any idea where the "get_ok" could be coming from? I can't see how this
> could have anything to do with the C++ broker.

The python code used to use a mix of pythonized names and names as
written in the spec. The 0-9 spec changed all the name internal
separators from space to dash, e.g. "no local" to "no-local". For that
reason on the branch the python code now consistently uses
pythonized names which have an underscore as the separator. I believe
this means you just need to update the test to check for "get_ok" not
"get-ok".

--Rafael