Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com> on 2001/01/30 21:03:42 UTC

writing one's own servlet vs. using RPC servlet

Hi All,

I need to write a SOAP service that receives requests for certain data (the
kind of data is irrelevant) and then returns the data in XML format. I've
played a bit with the RPC capabilities of SOAP and they seem to be
sufficient for this task. I am also aware that I could write my own servlet
rather than use the supplied RPC servlet. It is, however, not clear to me
which option is preferred? Should I write my own servlet and if so, why?

thx
Alex
Alex Milanovic
Software Engineer
Galdos Systems Inc.
amilanovic@galdosinc.com
Tel: (604) 687-3711 ext. 353

Generated fault:

Posted by Gus Delgado <gu...@netquotient.com>.
Has anyone gotten this error before:

Generated fault:
 Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
 Fault String = org.w3c.dom.Node: method getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String;
not found

I've never gotten this error before any clues?

thanks..

Generated fault: