Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Beverly Eisner <be...@eastlink.ca> on 2015/01/15 04:13:34 UTC

pages and Office

Hello to someone:)

Although I have both programs, Pages and Office, I want Office and I start to write, but it changes to Pages which is a puzzle to me. I want only Office open because that is the one others can open when I send it out.  Why does it open in pages?

Confused

Bev

Re: pages and Office

Posted by mt <mt...@lockedbags.org>.
Hello Beverly,

On 14/1/15 at 4:13 AM, beverlye@eastlink.ca (Beverly Eisner) wrote:

>Hello to someone:)
>
>Although I have both programs, Pages and Office, I want Office
>and I start to write, but it changes to Pages which is a puzzle
>to me. I want only Office open because that is the one others
>can open when I send it out.  Why does it open in pages?

This mailing list can only help with technical questions
relating to the OpenOffice application suite, described at
<https://www.openoffice.org>. From what you write, it is not
clear whether this is what you have.

This said, I imagine you are using a Macintosh computer, where
the file association for word processing documents is set to
Pages. If you wish to open and edit this kind of files with
Office, you will have to Ctlr+click the file name and choose
"Office" from the pop-up menu.

For details, and because I have a feeling you would benefit from
personal support, could I suggest that you visit an Apple Store
or get in touch with your local Mac User Group.

Kind regards

marina
(message sent both to the list and directly to beverlye@eastlink.ca)