Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/06 16:22:50 UTC

[vote] release Wicket 1.4-m3

I've created and uploaded a release candidate for 1.4-m3 to my p.a.o
space. I'm a little time constrained, so I didn't test the release in
a container. I do think that a 1.4-m3 release is due, because we need
feedback on whether this is the way to go forward.

You can find the release here:

http://people.apache.org/~dashorst/releases/apache-wicket-1.4-m3

There's also a rat report available.

[ ] release 1.4-m3
[ ] don't release 1.4-m3

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.4-m3

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
[X] release 1.4-m3

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.4-m3

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I call this vote passed. I've uploaded the artifacts to the mirroring
system. If someone can write up an announcement and send it tomorrow
that would be great, or else I'll try to find some time on sunday or
monday to do the announcement.

Martijn

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.4-m3

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.4-m3

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.4-m3

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
[X] release 1.4-m3

Stefan

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.4-m3

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
[X] release 1.4-m3

-igor

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.4-m3

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Sun, 06 Jul 2008, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> http://people.apache.org/~dashorst/releases/apache-wicket-1.4-m3
>
> There's also a rat report available.
>
> [x] release 1.4-m3

Things checked:

- ported a hobby project successfully to the 1.4-m3/m2-repo jars

- run mvn clean install with Sun Java 1.6.0_06 and 1.5.0_15
  on Ubuntu 8.04 in the src folder of the zip file

- run some examples built from the zip file on Java 5

Thanks Martijn, I'm looking forward to get more feedback on
the m3 approach on generics! (And to get 1.4 finalised and
move on to 1.5, suppose I'm not alone :))

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.4-m3

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Martijn Dashorst
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created and uploaded a release candidate for 1.4-m3 to my p.a.o
> space. I'm a little time constrained, so I didn't test the release in
> a container. I do think that a 1.4-m3 release is due, because we need
> feedback on whether this is the way to go forward.
>
> You can find the release here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dashorst/releases/apache-wicket-1.4-m3
>
> There's also a rat report available.
>
> [ ] release 1.4-m3
> [ ] don't release 1.4-m3

+1 (non-binding)

I'm anxious to get my paws on it and migrate our existing application
to the new API.  I'll try to provide some feedback (either good or
bad) on my experiences.