Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Axel Becker <ax...@becker-coding.de> on 2008/04/09 13:36:33 UTC

Re: [Axis 1.4] Axis Fault HTTP (0) null

Hi,

we have the same Problem using a Client which create a lot of small requests
in a short timeslot. It is possible that this Error occurs as a Result of
Network Problems?

Have anyone an idea how to fix this Problem?

Thanks
Axel Becker

Posted by Paweł Banasik <p....@students.mimuw.edu.pl>.
Hello,

I have the same problem.

I'm developing a set of webservices for use with the Taverna Workbench, a computational biology tool (http://taverna.sourceforge.net/). From time to time, I'm getting the following error:

ERROR 2008-05-04 12:50:41,530 Axis fault invoking wsdl based service: (0)null
ERROR 2008-05-04 12:50:41,530 Fault Detail:<string>return code:  0</string>
ERROR 2008-05-04 12:50:41,534 Fault Detail:<HttpErrorCode>0</HttpErrorCode>
ERROR 2008-05-04 12:50:41,534 Task failed while iterating Thread[Processor worker simulate http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/SBTavernaWSDLService?wsdl simulate #0,6,main]
uk.ac.soton.itinnovation.taverna.enactor.entities.TaskExecutionException: Fault returned invoking webservice: (0)null
        at org.embl.ebi.escience.scuflworkers.wsdl.WSDLInvocationTask.execute(WSDLInvocationTask.java:130)
        at uk.ac.soton.itinnovation.taverna.enactor.entities.ProcessorTask.runAndGenerateTemplates(ProcessorTask.java:576)
        at uk.ac.soton.itinnovation.taverna.enactor.entities.ProcessorTask.doInvocationWithRetryLogic(ProcessorTask.java:517)
        at uk.ac.soton.itinnovation.taverna.enactor.entities.ProcessorTask.invokeOnce(ProcessorTask.java:436)
        at uk.ac.soton.itinnovation.taverna.enactor.entities.ProcessorTask.doSingleIteration(ProcessorTask.java:954)
        at uk.ac.soton.itinnovation.taverna.enactor.entities.ProcessorTask.access$100(ProcessorTask.java:96)
        at uk.ac.soton.itinnovation.taverna.enactor.entities.ProcessorTask$1.run(ProcessorTask.java:829)
Caused by: (0)null
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:744)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
        at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
        at net.sf.taverna.wsdl.soap.WSDLSOAPInvoker.invoke(WSDLSOAPInvoker.java:133)
        at net.sf.taverna.wsdl.soap.WSDLSOAPInvoker.invoke(WSDLSOAPInvoker.java:101)
        at org.embl.ebi.escience.scuflworkers.wsdl.WSDLInvocationTask.execute(WSDLInvocationTask.java:97)
        ... 6 more

The most astonishing thing is that the application server (I've tried both Tomcat and Glassfish) crashes after this error. This might mean that the real cause of the above exception is the loss of
communication with the server. In that case, I have absolutely no clues about what the problem might be - I haven't found any other error messages (there are none in the server log).

The problem appears randomly, ie. not during every run and when executing different webservice operations. Sometimes everything works fine.

I've already tried changing the Axis version. I started with Axis, then I switched to Axis2, which didn't fix anything.

The contents of Axis logs are the same for both successful and unsuccessful runs, the unsuccesful ones end with (I've removed the logID's for clarity):

[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Found AxisOperation : simulate
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Invoking Handler 'HTTPLocationBasedDispatcher' in Phase 'Dispatch'
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Checking post-conditions for phase "Dispatch"
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] isReplyRedirected: ReplyTo is null. Returning false
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Checking pre-condition for Phase "RMPhase"
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Invoking phase "RMPhase"
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Checking post-conditions for phase "RMPhase"
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Checking pre-condition for Phase "OperationInPhase"
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Invoking phase "OperationInPhase"
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Checking post-conditions for phase "OperationInPhase"
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Checking pre-condition for Phase "soapmonitorPhase"
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Invoking phase "soapmonitorPhase"
[DEBUG] [MessageContext: logID=...] Checking post-conditions for phase "soapmonitorPhase"
[TRACE] hasAnonymousAddress: http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous is Anonymous: true
[TRACE] hasAnonymousAddress: http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous is Anonymous: true
[DEBUG] key is null.
[TRACE] START_ELEMENT: {http://mimuw.edu.pl/sbtaverna/xml}simulateParams:simulateParams
[DEBUG] Build the OMElelment simulateParamsBy the StaxSOAPModelBuilder
[TRACE] START_ELEMENT: model:model
[DEBUG] Build the OMElelment modelBy the StaxSOAPModelBuilder

I've searched for hs_err*.log files, created by the JVM when it crashes, but I haven't found any. I've also tried changing the JVM version.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Pawel Banasik