Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Curwen <gb...@gb-im.com> on 2003/09/17 17:16:39 UTC

Memory Usage, Leakage and java.lang.OutofMemory

So let's say that I have a web app that is slowly but surely leaking.

Eventually, I will get a java.lang.OutOfMemory error.

With how Tomcat is internally architected, or with how the JVM operates,
does this cause a problem for all other applications running under
Tomcat? Is there now no more memory for *anything* running under Tomcat
(and let's not forget Tomcat itself)?

Or if I just 'reload' the problem webapp, will that 'release' all the
memory that is currently being hogged by this app?

Mike Curwen                    204-885-7733
Intermediate Programmer       www.gb-im.com