Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by ro...@unrealities.com on 2001/05/16 01:18:32 UTC

Fwd: Re: [soapbuilders] Spec for Microsoft's SOAP-over-sockets transport?

I posted my "what's Microsoft's spec?" question to soapbuilders and
got this response.  Not a bad idea.  I'll give this a try once I have
the basic thing working.

Cheers,
Rob

--- In soapbuilders@y..., Paul Kulchenko <pa...@y...> wrote:
Hi, Rob!

Why there should be specific wire format? Isn't enough to send a
payload? At least this is what SOAP::Lite does. Hopefully next
version will also include SSL over TCP, but everything else should be
already in place, so if you want to test ApacheSOAP/Axis over TCP you
can to it with SOAP::Lite.

Best wishes, Paul.

--- robj@u... wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a spec for Microsoft's
> SOAP-over-TCP-sockets transport layer?  I'm interested in building
> socket-level transport for Apache SOAP (actually, more likely
> Axis),
> and if it could interoperate with MS SOAP-over-sockets, so much the
> better.  Anyone know if MS has documented their SOAP socket wire
> format, or have any other pointers on this?
>
> Sometimes you want to get SOAPy without having to provision a web
> server....
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/