Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by sergio salvi <na...@yahoo.it> on 2007/02/21 11:08:43 UTC

how to set the timeouts

Hi all,
I was looking for the way to manually set the timeout limit, over which the coordinator throws a timeout exception. Is there something like a configuration file where I can manually set this value, or is it hardcoded in some class?
Thanks,
Sergio

---------------------------------
 L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la  nuova Yahoo! Mail

Re: how to set the timeouts

Posted by Hannes Erven <ha...@erven.at>.
Hi sergio,

> I was looking for the way to manually set the timeout limit, over which
> the coordinator throws a timeout exception. Is there something like a
> configuration file where I can manually set this value, or is it
> hardcoded in some class?

Well, it depends. In Kandula_1, the Kandula Coordinator accepts the
"Expires" attribute so the initiator may set an explizit point in time
where the context should time out.

If Expires is not provided (e.g. when you start an atomic transaction
with TransactionManager.begin() or a BusinessActivity by using the
createNewContext methods ), the value statically set in
   org.apache.kandula.coordinator.CallbackRegistry.DEFAULT_TIMEOUT_MILLIS

will be applied. There is a todo there to make this default
configurable, but I guess an initiator should always provide a
reasonable timeout for the context (which isn't supported by the client
implementation at the moment).

I'm not familiar with Kandula_2 (the trunk), so I cannot tell if it is
different there.

best regards,

	-hannes

Re: how to set the timeouts