Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/09/11 23:01:40 UTC

Gumpy on LSD...

With Leo's help I logged onto his machine, and :

(1) did a cvs udpate on jakarta-gump
(2) then added a /data/gump/jakarta-gump/local-env-py.sh [w/ this:

export ROOT=/data/gump
export GUMP=$ROOT/jakarta-gump
export GUMP_WS=$ROOT/
export GUMP_LOG_DIR=$ROOT/log

export FORREST_HOME=/opt/forrest
export PATH=$PATH:$FORREST_HOME/bin

(3) Then I did "bash gumpy.sh"

 The output from the first run is:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/gumpy.html   <- See forrest issue at end.

When I get forrest happy with the site.xml, output ought come here.

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/index.html
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/index.rss

I am setting this up for a nightly run at midnight (whatever timezone LSD is
in...).

regards,

Adam

Re: Gumpy on LSD...

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> The error, are you referring to this?
>
>   BROKEN: UTFDataFormatException: String cannot be longer than 32k.
>
> Wierd, what are the contents of the source?
>
> > When I get forrest happy with the site.xml, output ought come here.

Actually, no, at the time I was using an older version of forrest (Leo's
/opt/forrest install) and it was barfing on the site.xml. I'll try to dig
into this ,and post here.

> Gee wiz, I *really* need to get it working again on my system to get
> back into the dev loop!

You *really* do, please, 'cos for some odd reason I am really struggling w/
the forrest stuff. Despite atteptign to copy some forrest.properties &
resources & content before building the xdocs, and despite telling forrest
where content and xdocs is, it (1) still has a PDF link (2) fails to have a
skin (3) has broken images for project/group, etc. etc. This needs a
forresters loving touch, and I'm sure if you could get involved we'd

If you just wish to tinker, run:

    python gump/document.py -w ../gump.xml

.. and it will generate xdocs and run forrest (or try). Look at the
tmp/forrest.xml it ought create.

regards

Adam

Re: Gumpy on LSD...

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> With Leo's help I logged onto his machine, and :
>
> (1) did a cvs udpate on jakarta-gump
> (2) then added a /data/gump/jakarta-gump/local-env-py.sh [w/ this:
>
> export ROOT=/data/gump
> export GUMP=$ROOT/jakarta-gump
> export GUMP_WS=$ROOT/
> export GUMP_LOG_DIR=$ROOT/log
>
> export FORREST_HOME=/opt/forrest
> export PATH=$PATH:$FORREST_HOME/bin
>
> (3) Then I did "bash gumpy.sh"
>
>  The output from the first run is:
>
> http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/gumpy.html   <- See forrest issue at end.

Wow, that's cool! :-)

[I say you added check.py to the run, and it's really cool, I had
forgotten I had wrote it to do as it does!]

The error, are you referring to this?

  BROKEN: UTFDataFormatException: String cannot be longer than 32k.

Wierd, what are the contents of the source?

> When I get forrest happy with the site.xml, output ought come here.

Gee wiz, I *really* need to get it working again on my system to get
back into the dev loop!

> http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/index.html
> http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/index.rss
>
> I am setting this up for a nightly run at midnight (whatever timezone LSD is
> in...).

Excellent! :-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -