Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Evgeniy Ignatiev <ye...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/13 14:11:22 UTC

Services not injected into CacheStore if deployed using Spring configuration

Hello, everyone.

Recently, while using service injection in custom CacheStore
implementation, we faced the problem that with startup deployment of
services and caches through Spring, the services are not injected into
CacheStore. It doesn't happen when we deploy our services and caches
manually, so we assume the behavior is not intended.

Here is the small demo proejct:
https://github.com/YevIgn/ignite-cache-store-service-injection - when
running example.Main I get NPE on cache.put(..)

Could you, please, look into it and advise on possible resolution of
this issue?

Re: Services not injected into CacheStore if deployed using Spring configuration

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I begin to think different... life cycle of CacheStore and life cycle of
Service may be absolutely different.

Service can be undeploy (like this
ignite.services().cancel(CacheStoreBackend.SERVICE_NAME)), when cache (with
store) continue existing.

In that case, I think, get service just in time, when it needed, is a best
way.
Try to suggest this on dev list (dev@ignite.apache.org) before.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Evgeniy Ignatiev <
yevgeniy.ignatyev@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am going to file issue, also there is one point I want to clarify before
> doing this: having already configured and run cluster, upon deployments to
> a newly joined node, services and caches are started independently, and
> creation of a cache store for a cache may occur before all of the services
> intended to be injected are deployed, this will result in the same behavior
> as in the example I provided. Should I include this case into the issue?
>

> On 9/15/2016 2:52 PM, vdpyatkov wrote:
>
>> I think, you are right.
>> Could you plese create issue for Ignite in Apache Jira[1]?
>>
>> Until you can to use something like this:
>>
>>      Ignite ig = Ignition.ignite();
>>      backend = ig.services().service(CacheStoreBackend.SERVICE_NAME);
>>
>> as workaround.
>>
>> [1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa
>>

>> YevIgn wrote
>>
>>> Hello, everyone.
>>>
>>> Recently, while using service injection in custom CacheStore
>>> implementation, we faced the problem that with startup deployment of
>>> services and caches through Spring, the services are not injected into
>>> CacheStore. It doesn't happen when we deploy our services and caches
>>> manually, so we assume the behavior is not intended.
>>>
>>> Here is the small demo proejct:
>>> https://github.com/YevIgn/ignite-cache-store-service-injection - when
>>> running example.Main I get NPE on cache.put(..)
>>>
>>> Could you, please, look into it and advise on possible resolution of
>>> this issue?
>>>

>> --

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Services not injected into CacheStore if deployed using Spring configuration

Posted by Evgeniy Ignatiev <ye...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vdpyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
I think, you are right.