Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/03 01:48:17 UTC

Re: ODE database growing on ServiceMix

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:50 AM, raulvk.soa <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been running ODE 1.2 embedded in ServiceMix for a few weeks and it
> turns out that the
>
> apache-servicemix-3.2.2/data/smx/components/OdeBpelEngine/version_1/[hibdb,seg0]
> directories have grown to big sizes.
>
> Each of them is now occupying 1.2Gb.
>
> We are confident that all our process instances are FINISHED because they
> are all synchronous. Is it safe to delete the data within these
> directories?
> Why is this data kept here if there are no processes active? Is it just
> historic data?
>
> If so, is there a way of telling ODE to cleanup finished instances, as
> these
> would anyway get logged on a logfile?

Have you checked this?

http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-InstanceDataCleanup

If you're still on 1.2 you will need to upgrade though.

Matthieu

Posted by "raulvk.soa" <ra...@gmail.com>.
So with ODE 1.2 there is no way to:
  1) Make ODE clean up after each finalized process instance.  - or -
  2) Clean up the data that has been left back

So what is the solution here? We can't allow the database to keep growing
infinitely with data from finished instances, specially because it is of no
use.

Many thanks.

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "raulvk.soa" <ra...@gmail.com>.