Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Drapal, Myron E (Myron)" <dr...@avaya.com> on 2005/04/21 05:43:23 UTC

RollingFileAppender doesn't - Is there a bug report on this?

The RollingFileAppender in the CVS head doesn't roll (ever).  I've
looked at it a bit and found that the entire rollover() method is
commented out, so it can't

work.  The history on the file shows that this change was made for
LOGCXX-10, but nothing was ever made after that to fix the commented out
code.

Should I generate a bug on this, or is there one already there that
covers this?

Myron Drapal

drapal@avaya.com

Re: RollingFileAppender doesn't - Is there a bug report on this?

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
Yes, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-52

log4j 1.3 introduced a new framework for rolling file appenders and
emulatations of log4j 1.2 RollingFileAppender and
DailyRollingFileAppender are written in terms of the new
org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender and its plugable triggers
and rolling strategies.  I expect to port the log4j 1.3 RFA framework
over to log4cxx which should be made easier now since the encoding work
makes the log4cxx WriterAppender more similar to log4j's.