Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net> on 2008/06/06 03:56:11 UTC

Issues with Bookmarkable targets

I've been stepping through the code, but I'm having a tough time
figuring this one out...

Using 1.3.

I have one page mounted on:

  /mount1

And another mounted on:

  /mount1/tree

On the /mount1/tree page, I have a tree component.

Problem is that whenever I click on a node in the tree, I am taken to:

 /mount1/mount1

Which is obviously a problem. :-)

Even when I explicitly use setPageResponse using the current page as my
parameter in onNodeLinkClicked, the problem persists. So there seems to
be some kind of problem handling the target.

Any hints would be really appreciated.

Thank you!
David

Re: Issues with Bookmarkable targets

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
can you try with 1.3 trunk. if that doesnt work create a quickstart and jira it.

-igor

Posted by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net>.
> > I have one page mounted on:
> >
> >  /mount
> >
> > And another mounted on:
> >
> >  /mount/tree
> >
> > On the /mount/tree page, I have a tree component.
> >
> > Problem is that whenever I click on a node in the tree, I am
> > taken to:
> >
> >  /mount/mount

> You could try mounting /mount/tree first and then /mount
>
> Not sure if that will help, but I think the order of the mounts is
> relevant in lookups.

Well, according to the javadocs:

  * map of path mounts for mount encoders on paths.
  *
  * mountsOnPath is sorted by longest paths first to improve resolution
  * of possible path conflicts.
  * For example: <br/> we mount Page1 on /page and Page2 on /page/test
  * Page1 uses a parameters encoder that only encodes parameter values
  * now suppose we want to access Page1 with a single parameter
  * param="test". we have a url
  * collision since both pages can be access with /page/test
  * the sorting by longest path first guarantees that the iterator
  * will return the mount
  * /page/test before it returns mount /page therefore giving
  * deterministic behavior to path
  * resolution by always trying to match the longest possible
  * path first.

Also, this isn't a case of conflict, but rather an incorrect mount all
together. If it were just a conflict, I could see getting taken
to /mount. However, I am being taken to /mount/mount, which is very
strange...

Re: Issues with Bookmarkable targets

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
You could try mounting /mount/tree first and then /mount

Not sure if that will help, but I think the order of the mounts is
relevant in lookups.

Martijn

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 3:56 AM, David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net> wrote:

> I've been stepping through the code, but I'm having a tough time
> figuring this one out...
>
> Using 1.3.
>
> I have one page mounted on:
>
>  /mount1
>
> And another mounted on:
>
>  /mount1/tree
>
> On the /mount1/tree page, I have a tree component.
>
> Problem is that whenever I click on a node in the tree, I am taken to:
>
>  /mount1/mount1
>
> Which is obviously a problem. :-)
>
> Even when I explicitly use setPageResponse using the current page as my
> parameter in onNodeLinkClicked, the problem persists. So there seems to
> be some kind of problem handling the target.
>
> Any hints would be really appreciated.
>

> Thank you!
> David

Apache Wicket 1.3.3 is released