Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Murali Krishna <mu...@valuelabs.net> on 2007/09/27 13:02:12 UTC

how to generate a preview output of a document using FOP

Hi,
I've a requirement to generate various output formats of a xml document(for eg. PDF,RTF etc) and those output formats have to be sent as http response to the client browser when client requests a particular format  using a http request.       I've to give a print utility and a preview utility  as tabs or hyperlinks links on the client browser so that he can get a preview of the document on  the browser or on some applet window  when he clicks on preview link or tab and a print tab has to be given so that he can get print out of the document in that output format.How should i fulfil this requirement.
Please help!

Thanks and regards,
Murali Krishna Bhadagiri

Re: how to generate a preview output of a document using FOP

Posted by Adrian Cumiskey <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Murali,

I would recommend that you read
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/servlets.html as a starting point
  for the server side component of your requirement.  If you are a Java
programmer I'd then look at extending either
src/java/org/apache/fop/servlet/FopServlet.java
src/java/org/apache/fop/servlet/FopPrintServlet.java for your purposes.

Hope this helps,

Adrian.