Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Derek Odegard <de...@schwa.com> on 2003/01/27 20:59:13 UTC

contents of common/lib

For the past several days, I've been trying to figure out what is
causing the following error when trying to access any jsp (this is a new
installation: tomcat 4.1.18, apache 2.0.44, j2sdk 1.4.1_01, win2k):

  An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

  Generated servlet error:
      [javac] Compiling 1 source file

  [ stack trace omitted ]

I have tried several times to fix this by reinstalling tomcat, and
noticed that a "copy failed" message appeared briefly in the status bar
of the installer, and that this error seemed to happen as jars were
being copied to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib. The install continued, and
appeared to complete succesfully, so I assumed that the installer had
worked around the copy failure. Now I'm wondering if that's what has
been causing my problems. Here is a list of the jars in my common/lib
directory:

  ant.jar
  commons-collections.jar
  commons-logging-api.jar
  jasper-compiler.jar
  jasper-runtime.jar
  naming-factory.jar
  naming-common.jar
  naming-resources.jar
  servlet.jar

Is there anything missing?

Thanks,
Derek Odegard
derek@schwa.com

Re: contents of common/lib

Posted by Martin Smith <mf...@erols.com>.
Derek--

I had what seems to be the same problem.  I noticed a "copy failed"
message (the install paused for a few seconds at that point.)  Then got
errors trying to see Tomcat home page.  My problems cleared up after I
re-downloaded and re-installed.

Good luck,

Martin