Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lindomar <li...@bol.com.br> on 2002/09/29 20:40:53 UTC

Datasource

Hi everybody!
I'm using this code for connect my app in tomcat 4.1:
$$$$$$$$
Connection conn = null;
    DataSource ds = (DataSource)ic.lookup("myjndi")
     conn = ds.getConnection();
$$$$$$$$$
I configurate my connection in Adminitration Tool of tomcat.
For JNDI Name i set to "myjndi"

Until here ok, but when i start my app, appears exception:
Name myjndi is not bound in this Context

Any idea for this problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Re: Datasource

Posted by Willian Mitsuda <wm...@yahoo.com.br>.
Try this:

DataSource ds = (DataSource) ic.lookup("java:comp/env/myjndi");

but you should use this (note the "/jdbc" before "/myjndi"):

DataSource ds = (DataSource) ic.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/myjndi");

and bind your datasource to the name "jdbc/myjndi".

All environment resources are bind to the root naming context
"java:comp/env".
The specs sugests to use the naming context "jdbc" for datasources.

Re: Datasource

Posted by Lindomar <li...@bol.com.br>.
Hi Miguel, thanks for your help...

I placed this code in web.xml, but don't work yet.
***
resource-ref>
     <description>My datasource</description>
     <res-ref-name>myjndi</res-ref-name>
     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>
***
I searched something about this, and is exactly this procedure.
I checked the  server.xml and web.xml files, they are ok.
Server.xml
####
          <Resource name="myjndi" scope="Shareable"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
          <ResourceParams name="myjndi">
            <parameter>
              <name>validationQuery</name>
              <value></value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>url</name>
              <value>jdbc:db2:mydatabase</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>password</name>
              <value>mypasswd</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>maxActive</name>
              <value>4</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>maxWait</name>
              <value>10</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>driverClassName</name>
              <value>COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>username</name>
              <value>myuser</value>