Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by h b <hb...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 19:13:52 UTC

newbe question

hello, I'm new to axis2.  I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a non-trivial example for axis2?  Something that has complex
message types?

2. It seems like by default when I pick an object off the wire (response to
an operation) i have to do a bunch of tweaks to get it to look like what I
want...here is what I mean:

public class MyServiceImp { public Data getDataById(int id) {...} }

public class Data {private int id; private Content content; /*getters
setters*/...}

public class Content {private string content; private Date dt; /*getters
setters*/...}

Assume that I have built and deployed the service, and have generate a stub
(unwrapped adb).

Then in my client code I can do something like:

Data data = serviceStub.getDataById(21);

int id = data.getId();

OMElement content = data.getContent();

Is there a way for me to instruct the framework to turn OMElement content to
Type Content under the covers?  I know this is not totally SOA...but it
would really help me out ;-)

Thanks