Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by aps ku <ap...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/27 23:24:08 UTC

Horrible Exception NPE

   I have built jetspeed from jetspeed-1.4-b3-src.zip
and also had jportal downloaded and built likewise. I
can get it working but once I shut down tomcat 4.1.18
and restart tomcat, I am receiving this Horrible NPE
error.  The only way I can cure it is remove the
expanded war from the tomcat_home/webapps/ dir and
restart tomcat so it can re-expand again. What is
causing this to fail on subsequent Tomcat re-start? I
looked at previous postings and its not clear and
other had similar exceptions but not same as mine. Any
help would be appreciated.

Attached snippet of exception:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.pages.JetspeedTemplatePage.doBuildBeforeAction(JetspeedTemplatePage.java:159)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.pages.JetspeedVelocityPage.doBuildBeforeAction(JetspeedVelocityPage.java:83)
	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:137)
	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90)
	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:563)
	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
	at