Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by jerome moliere <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/19 18:29:28 UTC

Problem with ConfigAdmin

Hi all felix gurus
I am using felix 4.2.1 and JDK 7 inside BndTools 2.1 running inside Eclipse
Juno SR2 on Linux x64 (ArchLinux 3.4 Kernel)
I am facing a strange error , ConfigAdmin raises exception during update of
my config
This message comes from the handleCallBackError() method.
The message is not very informative with : Unexpected problem updating
configuration" , it's logged inside the LoGService ...
I don't have more details about the problem.
Did someone encountered this problem ?
It may come from my code but the Web Console shows the config with the
right service.pid ,the ManagedService is succesfully registered .
I don't have any logs from my updated() method...

Kind regards
Jerome

J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J

Re: Problem with ConfigAdmin

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Thanks for the update

Regards
Felix

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
ok, thanks for notifying, because I was trying to reproduce the problem.

kind regards;
/pierre

Posted by jerome moliere <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jerome moliere <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi Jerome

Posted by jerome moliere <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

You don't tell us which version of the Felix Configuration Admin service bundle you are using, so I base my assumption on the latest release 1.6.0

Looking at the handleCallBackError and the ConfigurationManager.log method I would expect the exception (Throwable actually) to be passed to the LogService.log method.

There may be two situations:

(a) My assumption of passing the Throwable is wrong -- you might have to put a brak point in the handleCallBackError to validate this

Posted by jerome moliere <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,
thanks Pierre for your advise. I will make some tests  soon and give you my
feedback
Regards

J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.