Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by John Elaine <jh...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/21 02:30:08 UTC

Compilation error: syntax error in VERSION script

Hi,

I am trying to compile the C bindings for Zookeeper (uses libtool), but I
am unable to do so. When I run make, I receive the following error:

/usr/bin/ld:.libs/libzookeeper_st.ver:2: ignoring invalid character
`\033' in script/usr/bin/ld:.libs/libzookeeper_st.ver:2: ignoring
invalid character `3' in
script/usr/bin/ld:.libs/libzookeeper_st.ver:2: ignoring invalid
character `5' in script/usr/bin/ld:.libs/libzookeeper_st.ver:2: syntax
error in VERSION script

The detailed output of make command is available here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35530964/zookeeper-compiling-error-syntax-error-in-version-script

Please let me know how I can resolve this issue.

- John

Re: Compilation error: syntax error in VERSION script

Posted by will martin <wm...@outlook.com>.
google didn’t author those pages.

Posted by will martin <wm...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.