Posted to announce@apache.org by "Vishwas Babu (Apache)" <vi...@apache.org> on 2019/10/16 06:25:57 UTC

[CVE-2016-4977] Apache Fineract remote code execution vulnerabilities fixed in v1.3.0

Hello,

The Apache Fineract project would like to hereby disclose that our 1.3.0

release includes a fix for CVE-2016-4977 : A known vulnerability in spring

security upstream dependencies allowed malicious users to trigger remote code

execution. See https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2016-4977 for details of

the upstream CVE.

We would like to thank Roberto (extranewbugs@gmail.com) for reporting

this issue and the Apache Security team for their assistance.

Additional details at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Apache+Fineract+Security+Report.

Regards,
Vishwas

Re: [CVE-2016-4977] Apache Fineract remote code execution vulnerabilities fixed in v1.3.0

Posted by Vishwas Babu A J <vi...@apache.org>.

It was, see http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201910.mbox/%3CCACqpLwJGBRp9cpyhVwxvc0SSrTbUoDxAr%2BYnywXjj%3DBRFhiyPw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Hey Vishwas,