Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kenneth Litwak <kl...@apu.edu> on 2006/08/15 18:17:58 UTC

Help building and deploying a war with JSTL in it

Hi,

  I have a web app built with Maven.  I'm not the maven expert here, but
he's out of the office for several days. He set things up to use
multiple configurations.  The "local" one I use for my own unit testing
is doing fine but one for our main test server is not.  When I try to
run a war, I get a jasper exception from tomcat because the URI for
jstl/core cannot be found.  My repository has a JSTL directory, with
both the jstl and jstl-standard jars in it.  My project.xml has a
dependency for jstl.  The jstl jar, but NOT the jstl-standard jar shows
up in the WEB-INF/lib directory after I build the war.  What do I need
to check or change to make this work? Thanks.

Ken

 Kenneth D. Litwak
Software Engineer III
IMT
Azusa Pacific University
901 E. Alosta
Azusa, CA 91702

Re: Help building and deploying a war with JSTL in it

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Hi Ken,

I have the following dependency im my pom...

<dependency>
            <groupId>taglibs</groupId>
            <artifactId>c</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.2</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
            <type>tld</type>
        </dependency>

And i add the following to my jsp pages...

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

Maven takes care of the rest form me.

In the war file under WEB-INF i have a tdl directory that has the
c-1.1.2.tld file in it.

Maybe supply your pom and I might beable to help you further.

Ben