Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/27 05:00:17 UTC

devcloud - new version (0.4) ready for testing

There is a new version of devcloud (version 0.4) ready for testing.

See here for more information:
https://github.com/snowch/devcloud/releases/tag/v0.4

It would be great if this release could be tested and any defects
raised on the github project.

The ultimate goal is that this project will replace devcloud2 and that
this project will be committed back into Cloudstack.

Re: devcloud - new version (0.4) ready for testing

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
I will retry creating it with an increased packer compression level [1]

   "compression_level (integer) - An integer repesenting the
compression level to use when creating the Vagrant box. Valid values
range from 0 to 9, with 0 being no compression and 9 being the best
compression. By default, compression is enabled at level 1."

---
http://www.packer.io/docs/post-processors/vagrant.html

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

RE: devcloud - new version (0.4) ready for testing

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
One note;

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com>.

On 2/27/14 7:49 AM, "Ian Duffy" <ia...@ianduffy.ie> wrote:

>16) navigate to http://192.168.56.10:8080/client on host machine, go to
>global settings, enable localstorage on system vms.

Hi,
The deploy DB target with devcloud takes care of these settings
mvn -P developer -pl developer,tools/devcloud -Ddeploydb

Re: devcloud - new version (0.4) ready for testing

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Hi Chris,

I'm going to assume localstorage is broken in 4.2.1.

The system vms go into a starting state with 4.3-forward. However right
after they do the whole vagrant vm appears to restart, network connections
drop, jetty dies(even if backgrounded with nohup) and uptime shows a very
small value.

General flow:
1) vagrant up
2) vagrant reload
3) vagrant ssh
4) sudo su; cd ~/
5) wget
https://raw.github.com/snowch/cloudstack-development-environment/master/packer/scripts/cloudstack_dev_checkout.sh
6) wget
https://raw.github.com/snowch/cloudstack-development-environment/master/packer/scripts/cloudstack_dev_maven.sh
7) chmod *.sh
8) ./cloudstack_dev_checkout.sh
9) exit; source ~/.profile
10) cd cloudstack
11) git checkout 4.3-forward
12) cd scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver
13) wget http://download.cloud.com.s3.amazonaws.com/tools/vhd-util
14) chmod +x vhd_util
15) sudo su; cd ~/
16) ./cloudstack_dev_maven.sh; exit
17) cd cloudstack; mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run
16) navigate to http://192.168.56.10:8080/client on host machine, go to
global settings, enable localstorage on system vms.
19) Restart management server
20) run marvin with devcloud.cfg

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Looking into it more it was because no primary storage was available.
>
> the devcloud.cfg enables localstorage but the global settings to use
> localstorage for system vms is not enabled.
>
> I enabled localstorage for system vms and hit issues noted over at:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201402.mbox/%3C8334166AB8F6E548A46205BD576B464F195FBBE4@SBPOMB102.sbp.lan%3E

How did you enable localstorage?  Is it possible to change this
configuration value from a script?

> Currently waiting on 4.3-forward to compile to test to see if the issue
> occurs on it.

Looking forward to hearing if this works...

Many thanks for trying this stuff out.  Because I am a cloudstack
newbie, the whole process of creating the devcloud vagrant box has
been a lot of trial and error for me :(

Re: devcloud - new version (0.4) ready for testing

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian, are you able to perform the same actions ok from the original
devcloud2 box?

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: devcloud - new version (0.4) ready for testing

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by "SuichII, Christopher" <Ch...@netapp.com>.
Sure thing. Writing it now.

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: devcloud - new version (0.4) ready for testing

Posted by "SuichII, Christopher" <Ch...@netapp.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian,

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: devcloud - new version (0.4) ready for testing

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.