Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> on 2009/12/18 19:49:12 UTC

Release 0.6rc1 now in progress: trunk now frozen; tag created

I'm now in the process of cutting the Release candidate for the 0.6
release. This implies a few things:

1. The trunk is now frozen for all checkins except blockers. Obviously
you'll need to include the Jira reference to the blocker in your checkin
comment

2. So any other changes will be reverted as soon as I find them.

3. I want to vote on releasing within 2 weeks. So we can unfreeze and
branch the release then. If the release process goes longer than that we
should branch anyway.

4. If you're doing work that you that you want to get in everyone's view
(and you should want all of your work like that!) I suggest you create a
branch from the tag I've created for the candidate release and work on
that branch. This tag is:  ... tags/0.6rc1 .

5. I'd suggest that people create individual topic branches to work on,
but I'm open to someone just creating a single "shadow trunk" if people
will prefer that.

6. I offer to merge any branch changes to the mainline after branching
for release, if people would find that difficult to do themselves (I'll
use git to do this as it's tools are far superior to those of svn).

Regards

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Release 0.6rc1 now in progress: trunk now frozen; tag created

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Done, change committed.

I had a look, but I'm not sure there is any fixing Outlook ;-)

I'm intending to try the new Thunderbird version at some point though.

Robbie

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.
Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> I'm now in the process of cutting the Release candidate for the 0.6
> release. This implies a few things:.
>
> 1. The trunk is now frozen for all checkins except blockers. Obviously
> you'll need to include the Jira reference to the blocker in your checkin
> comment
>
> 2. So any other changes will be reverted as soon as I find them.
>
> 3. I want to vote on releasing within 2 weeks. So we can unfreeze and
> branch the release then. If the release process goes longer than that we
> should branch anyway.
>
> 4. If you're doing work that you that you want to get in everyone's view
> (and you should want all of your work like that!) I suggest you create a
> branch from the tag I've created for the candidate release and work on
> that branch. This tag is:  ... tags/0.6rc1 .
>
> 5. I'd suggest that people create individual topic branches to work on,
> but I'm open to someone just creating a single "shadow trunk" if people
> will prefer that.
>
> 6. I offer to merge any branch changes to the mainline after branching
> for release, if people would find that difficult to do themselves (I'll
> use git to do this as it's tools are far superior to those of svn).

What's your feeling on doc-only changes? I've been updating the api-doc
for the python messaging API. I'm happy to hold off if you prefer, but
if there does happen to be a respin it would be nice to get the updated
docs in, and obviously it is very low risk as it doesn't actually touch
any of the code, just the doc strings.

--Rafael

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

I would like to merge r892761 to trunk. It simply removes 1 stray
character from the log4j XML configuration which is causing a nice
bunch of parser warnings during broker startup, and was introduced
into the file last week in r891332. It obviously isnt a block and
doesnt warrant a respin, but in the event one is required it would be
exceptionally nice to get the change in so that one of the first
things a user gets to see isnt a warning.

Pretty please? :)

Robbie

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Okay, I've thought about it now - please checkin the patch attached
> QPID-2240 into the trunk. Leave 2239/2240 open - I'll resolve them when
> I respin.

Thanks for taking that patch. I've committed it in r893315

- Aidan

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 17:31 +0000, Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> Urgh, QPID-2239 and QPID-2240 fell between me and Ted both reviewing
> >> it but neither of us committing it. One patch, two bugs but I think
> >> 2239 is probably worth respinning for. Sorry. I could maybe be
> >> convinced otherwise though.
> >
> > If you really think that one or both of these are critical then raise
> > their priority to critical and I'll give it more of a think. At present
> > I'd like to only consider blockers, but I could also be persuaded.
>
> I've bumped 2239's priority. It kind of ruins your day if you're using
> the 0-10 .net cilent.

Okay, I've thought about it now - please checkin the patch attached
QPID-2240 into the trunk. Leave 2239/2240 open - I'll resolve them when
I respin.

I'll leave it a little longer before respinning to catch any more
critical problems.

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

> 1. The trunk is now frozen for all checkins except blockers. Obviously
> you'll need to include the Jira reference to the blocker in your checkin
> comment
>
> 2. So any other changes will be reverted as soon as I find them.

Urgh, QPID-2239 and QPID-2240 fell between me and Ted both reviewing
it but neither of us committing it. One patch, two bugs but I think
2239 is probably worth respinning for. Sorry. I could maybe be
convinced otherwise though.

- Aidan (who would also like a pony...)

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org