Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2006/07/08 18:10:27 UTC

Velocity Docbook Docs

Hi,

those of you following my checkins might have noticed that I'm (for an
entirely too long time) working on new Velocity documentation for
1.5. The current state of this documenation is available from
http://people.apache.org/~henning/velocity/

I'd really appreciate comments, corrections and especially some help
with the Docbook, because some of the elements don't page wrap like I
would have them to. I have some issues with orphan lines and cut off
example titles. Anyone who knows how to fix this in docbook and/or
fop, please speak up. :-)

	Best regards
		Henning

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia

Re: Velocity Docbook Docs

Posted by Sean Gilligan <se...@catalla.com>.
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
> thanks. I wasn't aware of the paper size problem; I'll try with US Letter.

That should produce one document that is good enough for everyone.
(Even here in the US where we have paper envy...)

> I don't like the "manual page breaking" thing, however it might be the
> easiest way to get the page breaks right. I'm still using 0.20.5.

It's a pain in the neck, but XSL-FO hacking for FOP 0.20.5 is worse.

-- Sean

Re: Velocity Docbook Docs

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Hi Sean,

Re: Velocity Docbook Docs

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
Thursday, July 13, 2006, 8:35:13 AM, Sean Gilligan wrote:

[snip]
> FOP 0.20.5 has many limitations on it's "keep" functionality.  My
> understanding is that 0.92beta has far fewer,  but I haven't used it
> yet.  XEP is reportedly a good commercial solution.
[snip]

XEP can be used freely for non-commercial stuff. However you will have
a small RenderX XEP logo and WWW link on the very bottom of each
pages, outside the useful area of the paper.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany

Re: Velocity Docbook Docs