Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> on 2020/01/28 22:51:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] Binary Release Questions

Hi All,

After  several conversations with people across the Heron repo we keep
hearing that a Heron convenience binary release would be appreciated.
Based on some feedback from Dave we need to decide on what type of
packaging is helpful to Heron users as the first step to getting people
what they want/need.

Right now we have, but not released in a while:

Heron Docker Containers:
- CentOS
- Ubuntu
- Debian
Heron install scripts
- CentOS
- Darwin (MacOs)
- Ubuntu

Does anyone have a preference on which package and distro they would like
us to start with?  If possible, I would like us to scope down to one
supported docker image to use for Heron.  Maintaining 3 separate images is
quite a task.

- Josh

Re: [DISCUSS] Binary Release Questions

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Nice.   Thanks for finding this.  It will definitely help.

- Josh

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Hi All,

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Very helpful!

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Understood.  I appreciate the guidance.

- Josh

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 3, 2020, at 12:55 PM, Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> wrote:
>
> Nice!! Thank you Dave.  I'm thinking we should research this path of using
> the this openjdk (Debian as we call it)  container and present our findings
> to legal.

Only if there are questions.
> I'm also assuming we will have to look at each package that is
> installed in the container during build time and check those licenses as
> well.

Yes!

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Nice!! Thank you Dave.  I'm thinking we should research this path of using
the this openjdk (Debian as we call it)  container and present our findings
to legal.  I'm also assuming we will have to look at each package that is

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.