Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com> on 2007/04/02 11:50:26 UTC

Re: Getting "class file has wrong version" error on poi-scratchpad-3.0-rc2 jar

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, David Fisher wrote:
> That class file was compiled with JDK 5.0
>
> See http://blogs.sun.com/sundararajan/entry/java_class_ic_errors

Bah, looks like a forgot to do a clean before doing a dist build. I find
that despite telling eclipse to only use JDK 1.4 for poi, it still
sometimes builds 1.5 classes :(

I've done a build of RC3, having done a clean. It's available from:
 	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.0-RC3/

Also, if no-one complains, I'm going to have the build ant task call the
clean one early on, to prevent this happening again.

Nick