Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Mho <mh...@corybant.com> on 2009/08/12 03:16:46 UTC

Using openejb-examples-3.1.1 and Eclipse -- "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException"

I ran into this by mistake but it had me wrapped around the axle for a while
so I am posting it in case someone else has fat fingers.
If you are following the movie that David Blevins made about using Eclipse
to run the examples you notice that you need to add src\main\resources\ to
the build path.
I was loading up simple-mdb project and by mistake I added
src\main\resources\META-INF\ to the build path. I got an error when running
the test that said
"javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name "MessagingClientBeanLocal" not
found.

That was the only error that I got so it took a while to track it but once I
pointed the path to src\main\resources\ it got all better. What I learned is
that javax.naming.NameNotFoundException may mean that it can't find the
ejb-jar.xml file.

I am running this on a Windows XP box so I am not sure if this behaves the
same on Linux

Mho

Re: Using openejb-examples-3.1.1 and Eclipse -- "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException"

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Hello Mho,

You're definitely right. OpenEJB will deploy an EJB module if a
/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml file can be found in the module.
In your case and if you add src\main\resources\META-INF\ to your classpath,
it's not true so your module is not deployed.

That's why you got the NameNotFoundException.

Hope it helps.
Jean-Louis