Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael W Cocke <co...@catherders.com> on 2005/04/26 21:36:46 UTC

MSExec plugin?

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my mail server from scratch, and I
just came across a reference to an SA plugin that doesn't seem to be
available anymore - MSExec.  More out of curiousity than anything
else, what happened to it/the author?

Mike-

--
Mornings:  Evolution in action.  Only the grumpy will survive.
--

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have installed site-wide spam
 filters at catherders.com.  If email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded,

Re: MSExec plugin?

Posted by Michael W Cocke <co...@catherders.com>.
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:53:42 -0400, you wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:36:46PM -0400, Michael W Cocke wrote:
>> I'm in the middle of rebuilding my mail server from scratch, and I
>> just came across a reference to an SA plugin that doesn't seem to be
>> available anymore - MSExec.  More out of curiousity than anything
>> else, what happened to it/the author?
>
>MSExec never existed for 3.0, it was only ever included in the 3.1 development
>tree.  At last check it got renamed AntiVirus:
>
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/AntiVirus.pm
>
>I don't believe there's anything 3.1 specific in there, but YMMV. :)

Thanks! I wonder how the heck it got installed in my previous 3.0.2?
No I don't... not really. Pulling old config files from a backup and
upgrading/reconstructing everything is SUCH fun!

Mike-

Re: MSExec plugin?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:36:46PM -0400, Michael W Cocke wrote:
> I'm in the middle of rebuilding my mail server from scratch, and I
> just came across a reference to an SA plugin that doesn't seem to be
> available anymore - MSExec.  More out of curiousity than anything
> else, what happened to it/the author?

MSExec never existed for 3.0, it was only ever included in the 3.1 development
tree.  At last check it got renamed AntiVirus:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/AntiVirus.pm

I don't believe there's anything 3.1 specific in there, but YMMV. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I tried once and it beat me like I was a pi�ata on Cinco de Mayo."