Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kristaclaire14 <kc...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/03 02:35:28 UTC

Block Join Child Query returns incorrect result

Hi,

I'm having a problem in my solr when querying third level child documents. I
want to retrieve parent documents that have specific third level child
documents. The example data is:

[{
    "id":"1001"
    "path":"1.Project",
    "Project_Title":"Sample Project",
    "_childDocuments_":[
    {
        "id":"2001",
        "path":"2.Project.Submission",
        "Submission_No":"1234-QWE",
        "_childDocuments_":[
        {
            "id":"3001",
            "path":"3.Project.Submission.Agency",
            "Agency_Cd":"QWE"
        }
        ]
    }]
}, {
    "id":"1002"
    "path":"1.Project",
    "Project_Title":"Test Project QWE",
    "_childDocuments_":[
    {
        "id":"2002",
        "path":"2.Project.Submission",
        "Submission_No":"4567-AGY",
        "_childDocuments_":[
        {
            "id":"3002",
            "path":"3.Project.Submission.Agency",
            "Agency_Cd":"AGY"
        }]
    }]
}]

I want to retrieve the parent with *Agency_Cd:ZXC* in third level child
document.
So far, this is my query:
q={!parent which="path:1.Project" v="path:3.Project.Submission.Agency AND
Agency_Cd:ZXC"}

My expected result is 0 but solr return parents with no matching child
documents based on the query. Am I doing something wrong on the query?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Block Join Child Query returns incorrect result

Posted by kristaclaire14 <kc...@gmail.com>.
Mikhail Khludnev-2 wrote
> Hello.
>
> {!parent} always searching for parents, some improvement is in progress,
> but you need to use [child] or [subquery] to see children.
> If you don't have an idea about search result add &explain=true param to
> get through matching details.
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 10:41 PM kristaclaire14 &lt;

> kcaromualdo514@

> &gt;
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having a problem in my solr when querying third level child
>> documents.
>> want to retrieve parent documents that have specific third level child
>> documents. The example data is:
>>
>> [{
>>     "id":"1001"
>>     "path":"1.Project",
>>     "Project_Title":"Sample Project",
>>     "_childDocuments_":[
>>     {
>>         "id":"2001",
>>         "path":"2.Project.Submission",
>>         "Submission_No":"1234-QWE",
>>         "_childDocuments_":[
>>         {
>>             "id":"3001",
>>             "path":"3.Project.Submission.Agency",
>>             "Agency_Cd":"QWE"
>>         }
>>         ]
>>     }]
>> }, {
>>     "id":"1002"
>>     "path":"1.Project",
>>     "Project_Title":"Test Project QWE",
>>     "_childDocuments_":[
>>     {
>>         "id":"2002",
>>         "path":"2.Project.Submission",
>>         "Submission_No":"4567-AGY",
>>         "_childDocuments_":[
>>         {
>>             "id":"3002",
>>             "path":"3.Project.Submission.Agency",
>>             "Agency_Cd":"AGY"
>>         }]
>>     }]
>> }]
>>
>> I want to retrieve the parent with *Agency_Cd:ZXC* in third level child
>> document.
>> So far, this is my query:
>> q={!parent which="path:1.Project" v="path:3.Project.Submission.Agency AND
>> Agency_Cd:ZXC"}
>>
>> My expected result is 0 but solr return parents with no matching child
>> documents based on the query. Am I doing something wrong on the query?
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html
>>

> --
> Sincerely yours
> Mikhail Khludnev

I see, thank you Mikhail.

Re: Block Join Child Query returns incorrect result

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hello.

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 10:41 PM kristaclaire14 <kc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem in my solr when querying third level child documents.
> want to retrieve parent documents that have specific third level child
> documents. The example data is:
>
> [{
>     "id":"1001"
>     "path":"1.Project",
>     "Project_Title":"Sample Project",
>     "_childDocuments_":[
>     {
>         "id":"2001",
>         "path":"2.Project.Submission",
>         "Submission_No":"1234-QWE",
>         "_childDocuments_":[
>         {
>             "id":"3001",
>             "path":"3.Project.Submission.Agency",
>             "Agency_Cd":"QWE"
>         }
>         ]
>     }]
> }, {
>     "id":"1002"
>     "path":"1.Project",
>     "Project_Title":"Test Project QWE",
>     "_childDocuments_":[
>     {
>         "id":"2002",
>         "path":"2.Project.Submission",
>         "Submission_No":"4567-AGY",
>         "_childDocuments_":[
>         {
>             "id":"3002",
>             "path":"3.Project.Submission.Agency",
>             "Agency_Cd":"AGY"
>         }]
>     }]
> }]
>
> I want to retrieve the parent with *Agency_Cd:ZXC* in third level child
> document.
> So far, this is my query:
> q={!parent which="path:1.Project" v="path:3.Project.Submission.Agency AND
> Agency_Cd:ZXC"}
>
> My expected result is 0 but solr return parents with no matching child
> documents based on the query. Am I doing something wrong on the query?
> Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev