Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by CalvinKirs <ac...@163.com> on 2021/06/18 04:23:42 UTC

[DISCUSS]Remove zk monitoring

Hi guys:

Currently, since the registry is transformed into a plug-in architecture, each plug-in has to implement the corresponding extension interface, but for monitoring, we can't guarantee that each plug-in can provide the same monitoring metrics.
In addition, the monitoring of the registry is not part of Dolphin's management in my opinion.

So I suggest to remove the registry monitoring, what do you think about it.

Best Wishes!
CalvinKirs, Apache DolphinScheduler PMC

Re: [DISCUSS]Remove zk monitoring

Posted by Lidong Dai <da...@gmail.com>.
yes, more detailed metrics of DolphinScheduler, including task running
status, will also be integrated with Skywalking.
there will be a large number of metrics that need to be monitored, I think

Best Regards
---------------
DolphinScheduler PMC
Lidong Dai
lidongdai@apache.org
---------------

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by CalvinKirs <ac...@163.com>.
Cc

Best Wishes!
CalvinKirs, Apache DolphinScheduler PMC

On 06/18/2021 23:52,CalvinKirs<ac...@163.com> wrote:
Dear Sheng:

Sorry, thank you very much for your reminder.

What I mean is that system monitoring functions like DB or registry should be given to APM system like SkyWalking to monitor and manage, not because DS uses these external components, so DS should also implement monitoring of them.

In addition, for the monitoring of DS itself, we have already implemented the basic metrics monitoring by interfacing with SkyWalking in 1.3.6. If we need more perfect metrics monitoring, we can invite two community contributors to complete it together.

Back to the original point, I strongly agree with your statement: Don't recommend to re-implement the scheduling unrelated thing.

Best Wishes!
CalvinKirs, Apache DolphinScheduler PMC

On 06/18/2021 23:19,Sheng Wu<wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Kirs

You accidentally reply to my personal mail, rather than the mail list.
Whether DS will provide full-stack observability/monitoring capabilities
relies on community decision, but `professional APM` seems a very strange
term.
Metrics and performance will impact DS's end users, so, the community
should make a call.
Last distributed tracing and monitoring are pure contributed by SkyWalking
committer accidentally, we should rely on the next accidental contribution.

From a tech perspective speaking, any service with Prometheus endpoint or
OpenTelemetry integration, SkyWalking could adapt, and you don't have to
suffer Grafana's GPL concerns.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

CalvinKirs <ac...@163.com> 于2021年6月18日周五 下午11:09写道:

Dear Sheng:
Deeply thanks for your reply.
Yes, I totally agree with you,Monitoring is important. But the monitoring
of those external components should be left to a professional APM system to
be managed centrally. We only need to focus on our functions.
Kirs
邮箱:acm_master@163.com

<https://maas.mail.163.com/dashi-web-extend/html/proSignature.html?ftlId=1&name=Kirs&uid=acm_master%40163.com&iconUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fmail-online.nosdn.127.net%2Fqiyelogo%2FdefaultAvatar.png&items=%5B%22%E9%82%AE%E7%AE%B1%EF%BC%9Aacm_master%40163.com%22%5D>
---- Replied Message ----
From Sheng Wu<wu...@gmail.com> <wu...@gmail.com>
Date 06/18/2021 22:47
To dev <de...@dolphinscheduler.apache.org> <de...@dolphinscheduler.apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]Remove zk monitoring

Posted by CalvinKirs <ac...@163.com>.
Dear Sheng:

[...]

From a tech perspective speaking, any service with Prometheus endpoint or
[...]

From Sheng Wu<wu...@gmail.com> <wu...@gmail.com>
Date 06/18/2021 22:47
To dev <de...@dolphinscheduler.apache.org> <de...@dolphinscheduler.apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]Remove zk monitoring

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kirs

You accidentally reply to my personal mail, rather than the mail list.
Whether DS will provide full-stack observability/monitoring capabilities
relies on community decision, but `professional APM` seems a very strange
term.
Metrics and performance will impact DS's end users, so, the community
should make a call.
Last distributed tracing and monitoring are pure contributed by SkyWalking
committer accidentally, we should rely on the next accidental contribution.

From a tech perspective speaking, any service with Prometheus endpoint or

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lidong Dai <da...@gmail.com>.
hi,